So I haven’t been writing much lately because I’ve been hard at work at this animation. Despite feeling ill today, I was psyched enough to add Sara as a secondary character because just having Tegan in the shot without Sara was a bit weird, given their band identity.
Managed to hit my personal targets of adding the camera angles and blocking the basic body movements too.
- Added Sara, and blocked her basic body movements.
- Added camera angles, so now I can figure out which bits to animate and which bits I can ignore.
- Tweaked the lipsynch a little.
- Added the tiniest of tiny advanced facial expressions.
- Take out Sara’s bop at x450, because it’s kinda twinning with Tegan.
- Open Sara’s eyes somewhere between x450-x700, cos it feels like her eyes are glued shut during that extended period.
- Add more facial expressions, especially the cute way Tegan stretches her mouth to the side on the high notes.
- Tidy up Sara’s lines around x1000-x1100.
- Maybe throw in a wide master shot somewhere into the mix… though that will mean I’ll need to animate their legs! (feeling lazy)
- Put more accurate strumming and further animate the fretting fingers… but will wait for a new acoustic guitar model to replace this electric guitar before I do that.
- Add more body movements, especially some strumming motions – but will wait until I actually have the strumming done.