Well, I couldn’t help myself so I took some time to quickly knock out some low-res renders to see my new scene in nicely rendered detail.
- Tweaked some timing.
- Added a new pre-swing animation to the orc’s final axe blow.
- Finally figured out how to reduce that washed out over-exposed look that the auto physical sun and sky option in Maya gives you.
- More tweaking, especially to contrast the timing of the orc’s and the elf’s actions.
- Change the elbow pose of the orc in shot 3, and make it more of a shoulder ram than an elbow charge.
- Reduce the stiffness of some of the motions, especially the orc’s spin in shot 2.
- More heave animation for the orc’s first axe swing.
- Find some 2D FX elements for the final version.
- Add sound effects.